Saturday, June 13, 2009

Random

Random updates about life in general forms a good blogging topic ... one which I hadn't used thus far. This morning, as I was sipping a cup of tea, and listening to a song on YouTube, I suddenly had a whole lot of things whooshing into my mind. So, I thought about finally trying on the random updates idea. 
In the last few days, we worked out our 'moving out' plans, and have kinda finalized stuff. It's gonna save all three of us roommates some money -- and the place looks good too. Though, now that I am in an apartment, I dunno if I can continue with my guitar experiments that freely. Which reminds me, had a get-together yesterday -- and played guitar for a long stretch after a long time. Wanted to go back to insti-days, and perform live on stage -- been quite a while since I sang whole-heartedly too. Yesterday night also was 'Poker Night' -- I realized I friggin have a 'miserably bad luck' -- kept getting the worst of all cards. Though it was all great fun. 
Fun ... hmmm, that reminds me of this conversation I had with a friend of mine -- we were discussing work satisfaction and we spoke about having some fun at your work being more important than bagging a huge salary. My friend is a brave-heart -- he went on to resign from his work in a moment's decision. I think all of us should be doing the same -- don't take shit from your workplace/authorities, they don't know your worth, and you certainly deserve better -- unless you yourself start feeling that you deserve what you are getting ... a total death of self-esteem and confidence I must say. I wish this buddy of mine gets a better workplace pretty soon. I feel fortunate to have such great buddies -- so many back home in India, and so many here in Berkeley. My insti-buddies have sort of been my support system, and I am sure they will continue to be ... eh eh .. too much senti !!
Well, yeah, so my buddies -- about a week ago I remember calling one of them up, in one of those 'weaker moments' with too much 'liquid tension' ... and absolutely opening up my heart on a long distance call. I am really really privileged to be able to do that. Friends ... 
Recently something interesting is happening to me -- I had a dream last night, it's all pretty weird. I think I should be talking about this to someone in particular, but I am not sure -- and the last time this happened, I chose not to do anything -- didn't leave me in a very well off state in the end. I dunno what ... I just hope, I get some direction. 
Too much randomness in updating ... but what the heck ... this was fun. Random updates is a pretty good blogging theme after all then !!

2 comments:

Aniket said...

Liquid tension is apparent in this post too! :P

Satch Boogie said...

No dude ... There is no tension here ... this was general updating my blog only :)