Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Photograph ...


Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with the Nickelback song. For the song please go to Amazon and buy it, and thereby make your first statement against piracy. 

So I finally got the new Canon A590 that I had ordered for about a few weeks ago. As much as the festive spirit had caught me in it's web and made me end up spending a lot more than I had planned for, I felt really really glad and contented when I finally got both my camera and my handy-camera at my service. I have really always wanted having both of these, and I think that was what made me leap at the two deals the moment I set my eyes upon them this winter. 

Anyways, after I got my camera, I decided to try it out, and I took 4 test snaps, and uploaded them on my PC, and thereafter I thought I would upload these here as well. Thus ... this post. 

To begin with, I tried two shots. The first one being an aimless shot of our living room space here, and the second one was to try and take a pic of the camera itself. Lemme place the latter first.
 

Taken in our very own bathroom, using the mirror (as is pretty obvious).

For the other one, it will be better to actually have a look at what the living room looked like when we moved in. My roommate Aditya was busy clicking all around the place the day he came in, and I got a few nice snaps of our house here from his album. I took two of these to create the "BEFORE" pic if you may chose to call it so ...



And then, in probably one of the highest entropy states ever witnessed by our living room, came yesterday's pic, my first shot using the new camera -- the corresponding "AFTER" pic.



It was the natural 'Grad-student's place' look right there for you :D

Thereafter, today morning, I thought of taking some more shots, and uploading the images and verifying that all was okay with the cam and the accessories. Thus I went out to our small patio here, and took two snaps. The first one is a view of our locality here, as seen from our patio when you look towards the street-entrance. The second one was a more or less failed attempt at trying some stud-crack try on catching the sun rays from over the edge of the patio boundary. 




The cars you see in the first one belong to our neighbours (obviously!!), and failed as I indeed did at my attempt, you can still kinda see that I was trying to capture the 'sunrays-over-the-boundary' thingy in my experiment with the camera in the second pic. 

I guess I should be making a small trip along the streets of Berkeley and just take some aimless snaps sometime -- will be a good way to beat boredom. I also surely now have reason enough to start learning details of photo-editing and image-processing softwares ... something I have been planning for quite sometime now. 

3 comments:

Dharik said...

wow! its so sunny and warm out there!

Satch Boogie said...

muhahahahaha .... white white snow dekhe dilwa beating fast sasura shiver maare re ... :D :D

Ganesh said...

Welcome to the club :-)